Deirdre Prestage Severide
“I am committed to changing the negative and harmful way that people divorce. As a divorce litigator, I saw too much conflict, too many family relationships broken, too many children negatively affected, and too much money spent fighting. Research shows that it is not the divorce that harms the couple and the children, it is the conflict. Collaborative divorce and mediation are changing that by providing process options that restructure the couple and family in a positive manner.”
- Called to the British Columbia Bar 1983
- LL.B. (J.D.) University of Saskatchewan 1982
- BCOMM University of Saskatchewan 1980
- Certified Collaborative Practitioner
- Certified Family Law Mediator
Deirdre has practiced law in South Delta since 1983, and has been a senior lawyer with Severide Law since co-founding it in 1996. She is an experienced Collaborative Divorce lawyer and co-founder of Sea Change Collaborative Divorce with Susan Vanderwerff, a registered clinical counselor and divorce coach.
Deirdre is also a certified Family Law Mediator who has successfully mediated many difficult marital and family disputes.
Deirdre is currently the President of the BC Collaborative Practice Roster Society, a province-wide organization for collaborative professionals committed to changing the way that people divorce.
- Co-founder of Severide Law and Sea Change Collaborative Divorce
- Director and President of the BC Collaborative Practice Roster Society
- Founding member of the Collaborative Divorce Network
- Former Director of Collaborative Divorce Vancouver
- Member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Former Director of the Delta Police Foundation
- Former Director of the Delta Police Board